What is CROWNWeb?
CROWNWeb, the national ESRD patient registry & quality measure reporting system is a Web-based data-collection system mandated by CMS to enable dialysis facilities to meet Section 494.180(h) of the 2008 updated Conditions for Coverage for ESRD Dialysis Facilities, which calls for the electronic submission of administrative and clinical data by all Medicare-certified dialysis facilities in the United States. The CROWNWeb system is used to collect clinical performance measures data from dialysis facilities and to help the renal community receive more complete and accurate data about dialysis patients.
CROWNWeb helped the renal community transition from a historic paper-based data-collection method to an electronic “always on” format. The system helps improve patient care efforts by reducing the time it takes CMS to produce clinical performance reports because the system reduces the time it takes to collect and analyze facilities’ reported clinical data.
What can CROWNWeb do?
CROWNWeb provides facilities with a means of reporting their patient and facility data directly to CMS in real-time.
CROWNWeb allows users to do things such as:
- Update facilities’ details including address, hours of operation, and number of isolation stations.
- Admit, track, and discharge patients.
- Complete CMS forms, such as the CMS-2728 Medical Evidence and CMS-2746 Death Notification forms.
- Run reports to monitor data enter and patient care efforts.
- Submit hemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis, and vascular access clinical data to CMS in support of the Quality Measures.
How do you access CROWNWeb?
Please click here for a list of questions and answers about accessing the system.