ESRD QIP User Interface Phase 1 Release June 1, 2020: What You Need to Know
On June 1, 2020, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) will start the next chapter of its ESRD Quality Reporting System (EQRS) modernization efforts by implementing the first phase of a two-part ESRD Quality Incentive Program (ESRD QIP) User Interface (UI) rollout, in support of the ESRD QIP Payment Year (PY) 2021 Preview Period.
The purpose of this memo is to provide guidance related to the June 1, 2020 ESRD QIP UI release. It summarizes the purpose and benefits of the ESRD QIP UI implementation into EQRS, outlines specific tasks that EQRS users who need to access the ESRD QIP UI must complete at this time, and details how users can access available training resources. The ESRD Network shall provide the information below in its entirety, without revision, to all facilities in the Network service area.
Purpose and Benefits of ESRD QIP UI Implementation into EQRS:
Incorporating the ESRD QIP UI into the EQRS system supports CMS’s efforts to consolidate the functionalities of the CROWNWeb, ESRD QIP, and Renal Management Information System (REMIS) applications into a single system. Users can now use one account to access multiple CMS EQRS business needs via a single platform – the EQRS Global Application.
This rollout of the ESRD QIP UI into EQRS is the first significant change to the ESRD QIP procedures since the inception of the program. The updates to the ESRD QIP UI will improve overall user experience and reduce burden. Phase 1 of the rollout consists of a new role request process and user interface with enhanced navigation features. Fictitious data will be visible in this first release for illustrative purposes only. Phase 2 will be released when the ESRD QIP PY 2021 Preview Period starts in mid-July 2020. Phase 2 will include facilities’ actual PY 2021 data, as well as consist of a streamlined communication and inquiry submission process.
What You Need to Do at This Time:
First, you should check with your organization to confirm if you need an ESRD QIP UI role as a Facility Point of Contact to submit inquiries and access reports, or as a Facility Viewer to see previously submitted inquiries as well as access reports within the ESRD QIP UI.
The June 1, 2020 implementation supports the PY 2021 Preview Period, which is scheduled to start mid-July 2020. This rollout provides users with early access to the ESRD QIP UI to allow them to verify and manage their roles and become familiar with the new UI prior to the start of the PY 2021 Preview Period.
Between June 1, 2020 and mid-July 2020, you should:
- Complete the Healthcare Quality Information System (HCQIS) Access Roles and Profile (HARP) account registration process, if you have not done so, by going to https://harp.qualitynet.org/register/profile-info.
- Log in to EQRS with your HARP account via https://eqrs.cms.gov/globalapp/.
- Review the applications listed on the My Access screen in EQRS for “QIP.”
- NOTE: Roles maintained in the previous ESRD QIP system were automatically migrated into EQRS. Existing roles can be updated, and new users can request access.
- Verify that your roles and organizations were migrated over correctly, update an organization’s role, or submit a new ESRD QIP role request.
- Click the QIP Scores link in the menu.
- Navigate through the ESRD QIP UI to ensure that you are able to access the screens.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Scores and measure feedback shown in the ESRD QIP UI between June 1, 2020 and mid-July 2020 ARE FOR THE PURPOSES OF ILLUSTRATION ONLY – USING FICTITIOUS DATA. THIS DOES NOT REFLECT FACILITIES’ PY 2021 PREVIEW PERIOD SCORES.
- Attend ESRD QIP UI Training and PY 2021 Preview Period webinar events.
- Maintain system access and log in to the ESRD QIP UI at the start of the PY 2021 Preview Period to access reports and submit necessary inquiries.
Training Materials and Assistance:
Users who still need to complete the HARP account registration process or needs step-by-step instructions on how to request roles within the EQRS system can review training videos, Quick Start Guides, Frequently Asked Questions, and additional materials via MyCROWNWeb.org at https://mycrownweb.org/harp-training/.
ESRD QIP UI Training and PY 2021 Preview Period webinar events will be provided prior to the start of the PY 2021 Preview Period. Event registration details will be sent via email and posted on www.MyCROWNWeb.org. Sign up for the EQRS Mailing List via www.MyCROWNWeb.org to receive updates regarding upcoming events.
Should you need assistance with accessing EQRS or HARP account or roles, contact the QualityNet Service Desk at Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 1-866-288-8912, or TRS: 711. Please DO NOT contact the QualityNet Service Desk regarding the FICTITIOUS ESRD QIP scores and measures in the ESRD QIP UI.
Should you need assistance with navigating through the ESRD QIP UI, contact the ESRD Network for your area https://esrdncc.org/en/ESRD-network-map/ and ask for the Data Manager.