ESRD QIP PY 2022 Preview Period Starts in One Week
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) End-Stage Renal Disease Quality Incentive Program (ESRD QIP) reminds you that the Payment Year (PY) 2022 ESRD QIP preview period is currently scheduled to open on November 18, 2021, and end on December 20, 2021, at 11:59 p.m., Pacific Time (PT).
When the Preview Period Opens:
To view your facility or organization’s ESRD QIP scores, reports, and/or inquiries as a Facility or Corporate Point of Contact (POC) or Viewer, you should:
- Complete the Healthcare Quality Information System (HCQIS) Access Roles and Profile (HARP) account registration process, if needed, by going to https://harp.cms.gov/login/login.
- Log in to the ESRD Quality Reporting System (EQRS) with your HARP account via https://eqrs.cms.gov/globalapp/.
- Review the applications listed on the My Access screen in EQRS for “QIP.”
- Request and/or verify that the ESRD QIP role is active in EQRS. You can access training materials for these steps at: http://mycrownweb.org/harp-training/.
CMS strongly recommends EQRS users log into EQRS NO LATER THAN November 18, 2021, to verify that their EQRS role is active. Following this recommendation will help ensure necessary access during the ESRD QIP preview period. To login and verify your EQRS role click here: https://eqrs.cms.gov/globalapp/.
During the PY 2022 ESRD QIP Preview Period:
CMS recommends that every organization take the following steps:
- Facility or Corporate POCs and Viewers should access and review the facility’s Preview Performance Score Report (PSR), which is available through the ESRD QIP User Interface (UI) in EQRS.
- Facility and Corporate POCs should submit inquiries about the facility’s PY 2022 scores before the preview period concludes.
CMS will evaluate all inquiries and make any necessary adjustments to facility PSRs. Facilities will continue to receive responses to their inquiries via the ESRD QIP UI in EQRS after the close of the preview period.
To learn more about the ESRD QIP and the PY 2022 preview period, please visit the ESRD QIP section of QualityNet.org. More information on using EQRS —including user role requests, downloading Preview PSRs, and submitting inquiries will be covered in the November 18, 2021, Town Hall event. For further assistance regarding the information contained in this message, please contact the ESRD QIP Support Team using the QualityNet Question & Answer Tool.